This is the first month I’ve been sort of “meh” about my Birchbox. Maybe I’m finally starting to get subscription-boxed out? Maybe the shine has rubbed off of getting a bunch of stuff in the mail every month that I didn’t pick for myself? Say it isn’t so!
Let’s get right into this month, shall we?
- Color Club Gala Gems Collection – Breakfast at… nail polish. I love this shiny green! In fact, I love it so much that I already have two other polishes in almost the exact same shade. Sad!
- Sumita Color Intense Pencil in black. Oy. Another eyeliner! I tried to change my preferences so that I didn’t get them anymore, but as it turns out, I already deselected “makeup” from the stuff I want. Which means it’s also interesting that I got…
- theBalm Cosmetics How ‘Bout Them Apples Cheek & Lip Cream. I’ve probably bought blush half a dozen times in my entire life, but I was intrigued by this product. First, the packaging is adorable! It’s also super creamy. I’m going to throw it in my bag and use it as a lip tint, I think.
- Number 4 High Performance Hair Care clarifying shampoo and reconstructing masque. I will admit to having a bias against shampoos that don’t foam. I realize that, technically, non-foaming soaps are supposed to stop certain product from sucking out moisture. There’s something psychological about not feeling suds, though, as if nothing is getting clean. Because of that, I don’t love this shampoo. The hair masque was nice, though.
- KIND Snacks healthy grains bar – maple pumpkin seeds with sea salt. Since Joel is gluten free, we eat a lot of KIND bars around here. I’m more of a peanut butter and chocolate girl, but Joel liked this one.