Hey! It’s November! Why I am just getting around to talking about these old BarkBoxes?
To be honest, I wasn’t sure I would ever write about them again. At some point this summer, I ran out of treats and realized that I hadn’t gotten a BarkBox in a while. I logged into my account and saw it had expired, which annoyed me. Where were all the emails warning me of the upcoming expiration? Why did they not offer me some sort of discount to buy another year? In this day and age, how can something ever expire without you having the chance to renew? I’m a lazy 21st century girl who wants everything to just happen like it’s supposed to. Is that so wrong?
But Huck and Cooper are adorable and deserve treats regularly delivered to their door, so I signed up again. I got these two boxes, and now I’m waiting for another one. In the olden days, I would get an email – an email! – telling me when a box had shipped. I somehow don’t get those anymore. So who knows when the next one will show up.
Here’s the September box:
- It has the obligatory Etta Says! duck chew, which Cooper eats first every time. It’s his we’re-sorry-Huck-gets-to-go-to-the-dog-park-and-you-don’t treat. He likes treats, but would rather go to the park.
- The PetProjekt Skrubal football is still in our toy drawer. We’re all full up on fetch toys in the backyard, but the winter cold is tough on rubber, so I’m sure we’ll be pulling it out soon.
- Huck destroyed the Safe Made Barkeley pennant in less than a minute. Their mission is to create safe, durable toys for pets, but I’d say they failed on this one.
- We haven’t gotten to the Barkworthies sweet potato steak fries yet, but the boys will be super disappointed there isn’t actually any steak in them. They like sweet potatoes, though.
- We likewise haven’t gotten to the PetSafe Indigo Smokehouse Bacon strips. Honestly? I haven’t opened them because the packaging is ugly. I know! It’s so superficial. I’m sure the dogs would like them. But the box is unattractive so I keep passing it by.
Here’s the October box:
- The only thing we’ve gotten into is the Max & Ruffy’s pumpkin patch cookies. Hey, it was Halloween.
- Oh, wait. Cooper also ate the Hare of The Dog rabbit jerky stick.
- And he also ate the Heartland Premium weasand strip. What can I say? Huck gets to go to the dog park a lot! (For the record, Cooper would probably be fine, it’s the other dogs you can’t trust. If someone came up to him and was too interested, Coops wouldn’t handle it very well, so it’s safer for all involved if we keep him away from those places. Huck does great, though, and really needs a good tussle now and then.)
- I don’t even remember putting this Snicky Snaks cinnamon crunch bar in the snack drawer. I should probably dig that out soon. I bet it will go stale.
- I love this Dublin Dog Snoggz RIP Van Fetcher. There’s another picture of it below, because he’s so damn cute. I haven’t had the heart to give him to one of the dogs yet.
- The time is nigh for this American Dog Toys Flash & Glow ball – it’s dark every night when we get home from work, and Huck isn’t doing a very good job finding his ball in the dark these days. Of course, he’s never been very keen to switch away from his beloved giant orange ball, so Cooper will probably end up adding it to his collection of toys.
Seriously. I love this guy. He’s adorable!
If a November box shows up, I’m predicting it will include turkey products. Maybe even a stuffed turkey! I’ll be sure to report back.